The Strange English language!
Have you ever wondered why foreigners1 have trouble with the English language?
Let's face it:
We sometimes take English for granted2, but if we examine its paradoxes, we find that quick sand3 takes you down slowly, boxing rings4 are square5, and a guinea pig6 is neither from Guinea nor is it a pig.
Eight things dogs do not understand.
1. It's not a laugh to practice barking at 3 a.m.
2. It's wrong to back Grandma into a corner and guard her.
3. He shouldn't jump on your bed when he's sopping wet.
4. The cats have every right to be in the living room.
5. Barking at guests 10 minutes after they arrive is stupid.
6. Getting up does not mean we are going for a walk.
7. Just because I'm eating, doesn't mean you can.
8. If you look at me with those big soppy7 eyes, I'm not going to give in and feed you. NOT, NOT, NOT. Oh, ok, just this one.
1 foreigner - иностранец
2 to take for granted - воспринимать как само собой разумеющееся
3 quick sand - зыбучий песок, плывун
4 boxing ring - боксерский ринг (ring досл. кольцо)
5 square - квадратный
6 guinea pig - морская свинка
7 soppy - слезливый, жалостливый